The Information Privacy Act 2009 provides that if certain requirements are satisfied, a person may make application to amend a document of the University. A person is entitled to apply to amend personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading.
Who can apply to amend a document
- the person must have obtained the document in question;
- the information that the person seeks to amend must relate to the personal affairs of the person;
- the information must be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading.
Making an application for amendment of a document
- All amendment applications must be made in writing. An applicant may complete an application form or write directly to the:
Right to Information and Privacy Office
The University of Queensland, 4072
Processing your amendment application
- The Right to Information and Privacy Office will acknowledge receipt of your application.
- Your application will be processed in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
- You may apply for internal review if you are not satisfied with the original decision on your amendment application.