UQ Property & Facilities Division has renewed the annual licence for access to an aerial imagery product, NearMap, and has now rolled-out access to the University community.
The licence allows unlimited access to NearMap when logging on from a UQ IP address.
Automatic log in will display "uniqld" on the top right menu bar.
This annual licence also allows full access to the Australian archive.
NearMap Pty Ltd is an Australian provider which offers high resolution aerial imagery, PhotoMaps, which are clear and current, and allow you to see changes over time.
Some of the features are:
• very fine detail not visible in ordinary aerial maps
• view maps by archived dates (PhotoMaps are updated monthly over cities)
• integrate NearMap with existing technologies
• choose from several view types:
- PhotoMap is the default setting or you can select a street map/details overlay
- StreetMap displays an opaque maps
- Terrain Map shows details such as heights and levels
- MultiView allows you to view the PhotoMap from other angles
Click here for more NearMap features.
Please contact Michelle Kasper, Executive Officer, Property & Facilities Division telephone 336 51161 email@example.com if you have any access issues.