Postgraduate Program Coordinator
The School’s Postgraduate Coordinator advises the Head on all research higher degree matters.
The Postgraduate Coordinator:
- acts as the first contact point for candidates encountering difficulties in any matter where input in addition to that of the advisory team is required;
- provides potential Research Higher Degree Students with advice on eligibility requirements, possible research topics, available resources, School research strengths, and advisor availability;
- makes formal recommendations to the Dean of the UQ Graduate School on applications for admission, including any special conditions of candidature, and signs application forms on behalf of the School;
- coordinates confirmation of candidature processes in the School;
- assesses, comments on, and signs requests for changes to candidature (including interruption, coursework requirements, change in attendance from full-time to part-time or vice versa, change to remote status, withdrawal, and advisory team changes, visa and scholarship extensions, change of enrolling school, and concurrent enrolment);
- monitors advisor workloads and responsibilities;
- monitors progress towards completion by all candidates enrolled in the School;
- keeps candidates and advisors informed of relevant policies, procedures, due dates.
The Postgraduate Coordinator can be contacted as follows:
Business: +61 7 5460 1839
Facsimile: +61 7 5460 1922
|Postgraduate Programs section|