Phillips, Prof. Clive
- Professor of Animal Welfare
- BSc, MA, Phd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Gatton (07) 54601158 / St Lucia (07) 33469179
- Fax: Gatton (07) 54601444 / St Lucia (07) 33651255
- Web: www.uq.edu.au/cawe
- Book on animal welfare available: http://www.springer.com/life+sci/book/978-1-4020-9218-3
- The welfare of farm, companion and captive wild animals. Welfare aspects that are investigated are adequate animal nutrition, health, housing, transport and reproduction, with emphasis on cattle and sheep. In the past I have focused on adequate mineral status for livestock, and to a lesser extent the provision of a suitable housing environment. The Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics within the School co-ordinates research in diverse aspects of animal welfare and ethics. This includes both fundamental science, which is of benefit to our understanding of animal welfare in the long term, as well as applied science, which is of immediate benefit to the animal industries.
- The research is supported by animal welfare charities.
For further details on publications, research projects, student supervision and additional information, see my UQ Researcher's page: http://researchers.uq.edu.au/researcher/1292.