CE Seminars Calendar and notes
UQ CE Seminar Series 2013
- February 8th-10th - GATTON - VetPrac Equine Dentistry Workshop. Registration and lectures at the Foundation Building, with practical wet and live labs in the Equine Training Unit. VetPrac and UQ welcome Dr Scott Marx from Colorado. Scott runs dentistry workshops with Colorado State University and at the National Veterinary Conference in Vegas. He has taught internationally and will be supported by Dr Jamie Wearn of Equine Veterinary Services in the Gold Coast as well as Dr Rachel Stone from Western Australia and the AVA. Registration essential or contact Ilana on 0414 581 600 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 12th-13th - GATTON - VetPrac Endoscopy and Abdominal Surgery Workshop. Lectures at the Foundation Building. Wetlab and live practice in the Clinical Studies Centre. Education Team: Dr Ann Thompson, Dr Tania Banks, Dr Sue Gibson. Develop skills with the scope and scalpel to improve the outcome of “peek and shriek” cases. Register here or contact Ilana on 0414 581 600 email: email@example.com
June 4 - ST LUCIA - Veterinary Opthalmology presented by Dr Edith Hampson Diagnosing Eye Diseases: "Tips and signs to look for" and Working up Eye Cases: "What should you be treating" Proudly sponsored by B Braun. Our Ophthalmology specialist will provide guidance and advice on what to look for when diagnosing eye diseases and the options available for treatment. Please join us for finger food and drinks in the Sir Llew Edwards Building, Terrace Room foyer before the seminar. Tuesday 4 June 2013, 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start. For further details click here Register Now
Other Events in 2013
- July 11-13 2013 The Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, College Week Science Conference will be held from 11 – 13th July 2013 at the Gold Coast. Devotees of small animal practice will relish in no fewer than nine disciplines providing practical and state-of-the-art updates, driven by international leaders supported by presentations from over 25 of Australia and New Zealand’s specialists in all the fields.
UQ will have a strong representation of Vets presenting at the conference over the three days including:
Thursday 11 July:
Composite repair of sacral fractures (six cases) - Dr Lance Wilson (Surgery)
Teaching of Radiology - Dr Annie Rose (Radiology)
Abnormal offspring from assisted breeding technologies - Professor Jonathon Hill
Dentigerous Cysts in the Equine -Dr Gary Wilson (Dental Consultant)
Updates on recent research and advances in Cardiology -Fiona Campbell
Sacro-coccygeal dermoid sinuses in three dogs -Nicola Volstad
Friday 12 July:
Colic update – a review of recent literature - Dr Steve Zedler (Equine Surgery)
Tightrope technique – clinical experience with a new extracapsular technique - Dr Lance Wilson (Surgery)
Techniques, results, complications, tips, anterior wire - Dr Bruce Smith (Surgery
Saturday 13 July:
Update on tendon injury and healing - Dr Dick Wright Tendon repair at molecular level - Dr Dick Wright
Update on laminitis pathophysiology and prevention - Dr Andrew Van Eps (Equine Medicine)
Nutrition and animal welfare - Professor Clive Phillips
Case study: treatment of bladder atony in a stallion following a breeding injury -Louisa Poutsma
UQ CE Seminar Series 2012
- November 27 - GATTON - 4.00pm - 5.00pm at the Veterinary Teaching Labs Building 8106 rm 113. UQ welcomes Dr Philippe Pourcelot who is currently the head engineer at the Laboratory of Equine Biomechanics of Alfort, France. Topic: Influence of Track Surface on the Equine Musculoskeletal System: Methodological and Technological aspects. RSVP essential to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 November for catering purposes.
- August 17th - GATTON - UQ Veterinary Medical Centre - Equine Hospital - Associate Professor Louise Southwood and Associate Professor Eric Parente, equine specialists from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine - Antimicrobials, Nasal Discharge in the horse - For further details click here
- June 24th - ST LUCIA - UQ Small Animal Clinic - Various presenters including Carly Bloom, Sean Surman, Bruce Smith, Lance Wilson, Emily Cook - Neurology - 10:00am to 4:00pm. For more information please contact the hospital ph 3365 2110. A copy of the presentations can be found here - Neurology part 1 (7mb file) and Neurology part 2 (2.5mb file)
- March 30th - GATTON - UQ Veterinary Medical Centre - Equine Hospital - Dr Steven Zedler, Dr Tias Muurlink, Dr Andrew van Eps - Equine Scintigraphy. For further information, please contact Chris Gray (07) 5460 1799.
- March 27th-28th - GATTON - Clinical Studies Centre (Building 8179)- Dr Sheri Ross - VetPrac Practical Skills workshop for nurses - Geriatric Patient Workshop.
- March 26th - GATTON - UQ Veterinary Medical Centre - Dr Sheri Ross - Hill's Pet Nutrition Roadshow Management of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Sunday 12th February - ST LUCIA - UQ Small Animal Clinic - Professor Jacquie Rand, Drs Carly Bloom, Sean Surman and Emily Cook - The Complicated Diabetic, Pathogenesis of Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes – Monitoring Tools, Remission, and Complications, Feeding cats with diabetes, Insulin: A review and what is new?, Information on management of diabetic dogs and cats