Programs & Activities
- Campus walking group. If you would like to start a walking group, please let Vicki know so it can be promoted! To join an existing walking group on Gatton Campus, please contact Jacky Cribb.
- Step into Life on Gatton Campus. This fitness group currently runs each Monday and Wednesday morning from 7am - 8am on the cricket oval at Gatton Campus. If you would like to participate, or just want to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Dr Judy Cawdell-Smith.
In response to many queries regarding Yoga at Herston - here are the details of the course!Time: 12.15pm to 1.15pm; Edith Cavell Building, Level 3, Room 349/350. $60 for six weeks. Bring along a towel or yoga mat, comfortable clothes and a water bottle
- Ideas for Herston Campus. Please contact Ruth Crowther with your ideas for health and wellbeing opportunities at Herston Campus.
- Campus walking group. Why not start the year in a really positive way and get out and about on the lovely Ipswich Campus - there are great walking tracks and plenty of people who would be happy to walk with you! To join, start a group, or to share ideas about getting this group (or groups!) underway, please contact Raewyn Peeti!
- Ideas for Ipswich Campus. Contact Raewyn with your ideas for health and wellbeing opportunities at Ipswich Campus.
- Tai Chi. Please contact Raewyn if you would like to participate in Tai Chi on Ipswich Campus!
- NEW!!! Campus walking groups. There are now more options for you to choose from! On your fourth walk, receive your ‘walker’s pack’! START ANY TIME!
- Walking Group Monday and Friday afternoons (from 3.20pm) - contact Rosalba for more information!
- Walking Group Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (from 5.10pm) - contact Ian for more information!
- Walking Group Wednesday mornings (from 8.00am) - contact Tegan for more information!
- Starting your own walking group. Contact Vicki for information, support and promotion!
- NEW!!! New Fitness Course. We are hoping to start a new fitness course for those of us who need a little more support and a slightly slower pace (lower impact and moderate intensity!) We need 10 participants to get it started and it will be offered each Wednesday afternoon. $90 for a six week course. Contact Vicki or Kerri as soon as possible if you are interested in joining!
- Tai Chi. Taught by Dr Xin Liu, an internationally respected expert in Tai Chi. 2013 courses currently being organised.
- Boxing for fitness. Excellent for a cardio workout! Currently being offered every Tuesday (morning and afternoon) and Thursday (morning). 6 week course $60 (8 weeks to use!). Contact Kerri Tyrell for more information! START ANY TIME!
- Yoga. A great price for a great course! Monday afternoon 4.45pm – 5.45pm in the AIBN Building (L1 Seminar Room). Contact Dr Vivek Mitter. 6 week course $60 (8 weeks to use!). START ANY TIME!
- St Lucia Bowling Club. An enjoyable and affordable way to enhance your health and wellbeing - contact Kevin or Michael for more information about how you can get involved!
UQ Wellness is always looking for additional health and wellbeing opportunities for staff - please email Vicki with your suggestions!