Dr Shane Pegg is a senior lecturer in sport and leisure management with the School of Tourism.
Dr Shane Pegg is a Senior Lecturer in sport and recreation management. He is a past recipient of the Future Scholars Award from the Academy of Leisure Sciences and completed his doctoral studies through Central Queensland University. Dr Pegg has been involved in a wide array of research projects, including a study of the links between leisure boredom, alcohol use and levels of self-determination of rural and urban youth in Australia.
Recent projects have included:
- Gold Coast Schoolies Week (GCSW) Evaluation: A collaborative research project with the Queensland Government to evaluate the full social and economic impacts of the GCSW on the Gold Coast region
- Rural youth and alcohol use: A study of the links between leisure boredom, alcohol use and levels of self-determination of rural and urban youth in Australia
- Volunteer satisfaction: research focussing on the satisfaction derived by volunteers by their involvement in community event
- Youth, leisure boredom and youth suicide: An exploratory study of this tragic topic and how to mitigate it
- Leisure Education: Examination of the leisure curriculum in selected higher education institutions in the United States