- The UQ Recruitment Process
The UQ Recruitment Process
The University of Queensland is committed to recruiting, supporting, developing and retaining staff of the highest calibre. The University seeks to:
- Maintain the principle of open competition on the basis of merit to appoint the best applicant
- Provide equal opportunity for all applicants
- Encourage members of employment-disadvantaged groups to consider positions with the University
- Represent in its staffing profile the community it serves
- Ensure selection procedures are efficient and effective
- Maintain applicant confidentiality.
All stages of the recruitment and selection process conform with the provisions of the various parliamentary acts banning discrimination on the bases of: gender, race, disability, union or non-union membership, parental status, age, religion, and/or political beliefs or activities.
For an overview of the staff recruitment process and the scholarship process refer to the attached flow charts:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy
The University of Queensland is committed to the positive and authentic inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the life of the University and recognises the value and significance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in achieving and maintaining a diverse, principled and ethical scholarly community. For further information, refer to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy.
If you require assistance applying for a job, please contact our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Coordinator on (07) 3365 4790, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that all requests for assistance will remain strictly confidential.