Applying for a Job
Applications for an advertised job are submitted online using the Online Application form.
In order to submit an application online, an email account is required. If you do not have one, or are unable to set up an email account, contact the person named in the Enquiries section of the job advertisement to discuss an alternative arrangement.
Accessing the Online Application Form
When viewing a job advertisement online, the Online Application form can be accessed by clicking the Apply now button, either at the top or bottom of the advertisement.
Applications for jobs advertised in printed media should also be submitted online. To achieve this:
- Access the UQ Jobs home page.
- Enter the job number in the Job search text field. The advertisement for the specified job will be displayed.
- Click the Apply now button, either at the top or bottom of the advertisement.
Completing the Online Application Form
The Online Application form contains the following pages:
- Personal Details
- Work rights and relationship to UQ
- Qualification, Experience and Referees
- Application Documents
- Statistical Information
Each page requires only a few short questions to be answered. Depending on the question being asked, you will be required to enter your response into the relevant text box, or select a response from a range of options.
After the Personal Details page has been completed, you will be able to save your unfinished application. Once saved, use your Applicant Login any time prior to the closing date, to complete and submit your application.
Before you can submit your application, all mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*) will need to be completed.
- The Personal Details page must be completed before you can access any of the other pages on the Online Application form
- Use the menu options provided at the top of the form to jump to a particular page
- The Home option is available for selection from the menu options. Select this option to access the Applicant Services page. Refer to Applicant Login for further details about this page.
Before applying for a job, read the Position Description carefully and prepare your responses to any selection criteria (if required). A copy of the Position Description can be viewed by clicking the View Position Description button provided at the end of the job advertisement that you are applying for.
It is important to read the Advert carefully as you may be requested to attach your selection criteria in a separate document, include the information in your cover letter, or provide materials that are in addition to the selection criteria.
Questions relating to the selection criteria, or the job should be directed to the person named in the Enquiries section of the job advertisement.
The following attachments may be required to accompany your application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (this is a mandatory requirement)
- Selection Criteria
- Other documentation if requested.
To upload a file from your computer, complete the following steps:
- From the Online Application form, access the Application Documents page.
- Click the Upload file button. The Choose File to Upload window is displayed.
- Navigate to the file located on your computer.
- Select the located file and click the Open button. A copy of the selected file is now attached, and will be sent when you submit your Online Application form.
To delete a file that you have uploaded, click the Delete button.
Note the following:
- Uploading a file may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection
- Files cannot exceed 5 Mb in size
- The following file extensions are allowed: .pdf, .doc, .xls, .rtf, .jpg, .tif, .txt, .jpeg, .ppt, .pub, .htm, .html, .gif, .png, .docx, .mp3, .mp4, .wmv, .wma, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .flv, .av