The Department of Home Affairs  website provides comprehensive information for those who are considering coming to Australia to work, either on a temporary or a permanent basis. DIAC provides a comprehensive guide to beginning a life in Australia, which clearly outlines the steps you must take once you arrive in Australia and is available in a range of languages. The DIAC website also provides useful information about settling in Australia, English Language Assessments (IELTS) , and a guide to Australian Work Rights for immigrating staff.


Work Visa

If you are offered a position at the University and you are not an Australian Citizen, the University may sponsor you for the appropriate visa to work at UQ. The type of visa you will be sponsored for will depend on the length and type of your appointment. Please refer to the Immigration Procedures and Guidelines policy for more information.

For information on how to apply for a Work Visa and the costs associated, access the Visa Wizard on the DIAC website.

Please note that depending on your sponsored work visa you might need to take out private health insurance. For further information about this requirement click here.

Go to top