Relocation Assistance

If you need to move to join the University, the University may offer relocation assistance.

All academic staff appointed to continuing, probationary, fixed term, or other appointments of at least two years duration, required to relocate to take up appointment at The University of Queensland, are eligible for the reimbursement of reasonable re-establishment expenses, as stated in their offer of appointment. 

Professional staff appointees, HEW level 8 and above, may also be eligible for the reimbursement of relocation expenses. If relocation expenses are to be included, this will be detailed in their offer of appointment.

Reimbursement is made on the condition that the appointee serves for a minimum of at least two years before voluntary resignation. Voluntary resignation within two years requires a pro-rata repayment of relocation expenses to the University.

The University of Queensland’s Relocation assistance policy and procedure is available online.

To find a removalist, use your favourite search engine or use Yellow Pages online to search for removalists.


The University of Queensland Accommodation Service provides comprehensive advice and referrals to students regarding both on-campus and off-campus rental accommodation.

To search the Queensland property and rental markets yourself visit the website.

Overseas applicants looking to relocate to Australia should refer to the housing web page provided by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.