- Short-Term Global Experiences
Short-Term Global Experiences
Short-term global experiences are available during UQ semester breaks and include study, intern and community-based learning opportunities.
Watch this short video for a brief introduction to short-term global experiences at UQ.
- Learn to see the world differently;
- Develop key employability skills;
- Expand your global network;
- Engage with legitimate experiences;
- Receive UQ student insurance cover*
- Obtain credit towards your UQ program*
- Secure government funding*
- Access UQ funding and scholarships*
- Gain UQ Advantage Award recognition*
(*) All subject to specific eligibility requirements.
Where to go and what to do:
There are a wide variety of short-term global experiences: usually UQ Abroad supports between 30-40 opportunities in over 20 countries around the world each semester break! This wide variety of opportunities gives you the flexibility to choose an experience that suits your personal needs and goals.
Want to be kept up to date with short-term global experience opportunities and deadlines? Register your interest here.
Check that you are eligible to participate in a short-term global experience
Review the wide variety of short-term global experiences available through UQ Abroad.
The first step to participate in a short-term global experience.
Applications for Winter 2017 experiences open in December 2016.
Everything you need to know and prepare for your short-term experience abroad.
Understand the costs involved and funding available for short-term global experiences.
Got questions? Check out our FAQs or read through the top tips!
Access key contacts and consultation information for short term program enquiries.