University of Leeds
|University of Leeds|
|Approximate semester dates:||Semester 1: September-January
Semester 2: January-June
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Full time load equivalent:||60 credits per semester|
Fields of Study Available:
This is not an exclusive list of the Disciplines available.
Course Catalogue (Make sure you tick the box Search by incoming Study Abroad. Courses available to exchange students are identified by ‘isa'.)
Humantities & Social Sciences:
Sciences & Health Sciences:
Business & Law:
Environmental Science and Sustainability courses offered by School of Earth & Environment (Search by Subject "SOEE").
Please note that the options listed on this webpage should be used as a guide only. Additional discipline areas may be available. For current information about fields of study, course selection and language proficiency requirements, please check the host university's website.
|Restricted Fields of Study:||
Law: The majority of Law courses are taught full-year and places are very limited for exchange students. As you would not be able to take a full-time load of Law courses at Leeds, you should also select courses from other study areas in your dual degree.
You are not recommended to study only Electronic & Electrical Engineering or only Mechanical Engineering or only Geography at Leeds as the majority of these courses are taught full-year (Semesters 1&2) not suitable for single-semester exchange students.
Places on the following courses are in high demand and will fill up very quickly:
Psychology has strict restrictions: students who plan to take less than 50% of their credits in Psychology are limited to elective courses only (identified by "e").
|Approximate living expenses:||
GBP 10,000 per year
Cost of Living (Scroll down to "Living Costs")
Guaranteed university accommodation (conditions apply)
For students on exchange from September to January: provisional grades will be emailed to UQ by February in the following year and official transcript will be posted to UQ in August in the following year for credit transfer purposes. ***If you go on exchange in your FINAL YEAR, this would delay your UQ graduation. ***
- FOOD1130/1131 Traditional Alcoholic Beverages (offered in either semester). You will be visiting breweries/vineyards and sampling beer and wine during class time!
- Museum and Country House Studies: The English Country House (offered in Semester 1)
- Popular Music and the Press: Analysing the Rock Media (offered in Semester 2)
- The University of Leeds is the UK's second largest university. Its single-site campus is only a 10-minute walk from the city centre.
- Leeds is an affordable student city with a vibrant nightlife and music scene. Make sure you go on the Otley Runs, a popular pub crawl for university students in Leeds. If you like rock music, don't miss the Leeds Festival in lAugust.
- York, Peak District and Lake District are within easy reach of Leeds. Leeds/Bradford International Airport is only 30 minutes from the university.