Official Language: Japanese
Capital City: Tokyo
Currency: Yen


Visa information:

Consulate-General of Japan in Brisbane

Visa Enquiries Contacts

Student Visa Information (from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)

Cultural and Language Guide to Japan

When applying to Japanese universities for your exchange studies, continuous full-time status at UQ is required as you will be asked to show a Certificate of Enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled and taking courses at UQ. This means you cannot defer your studies in the semester prior to your exchange in Japan.

For Japanese Nationals only: Under the Japanese immigration law, Japanese nationals (including dual citizenship holders) must enter Japan with a valid Japanese passport. Also, your family register information is needed to register your address in Japan. 


View host universities in Japan

Fukushima University

Hitotsubashi University

International Christian University

Keio University

Kobe University

Kochi University

Komazawa University

Kwansei Gakuin University

Kyoto University

Kyoto University of Foreign Studies

Kyushu University

Osaka University

Ritsumeikan University

Shimonoseki City University

Showa Women's University

Sophia University

Tokai University

University of Electro-Communications

University of Kitakyushu

University of Tokyo

University of Tsukuba

Waseda University

On this site