City University London
|City University London|
|Approximate semester dates:||Autumn/Fall Term: September-January
Spring Term: January-June
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Full time load equivalent:||
30 ECTS per semester (Usually 4 courses)
ECTS = European Credit Transfer System
Fields of Study Available:
This is not an exclusive list of the Disciplines available.
You can only select courses from a single school/department.
Humantities & Social Sciences:
2012/13 Course Lists for
- Cultural Studies (interdisciplinary courses including excursions - can be taken together with courses from other schools)
- Global Citizenship (interdisciplinary course including excursions - can be taken together with courses from other schools)
f: taught FALL only, open to Fall/Autumn students
s: taught SPRING only, open to Spring students
Yfs: Single-semester course taught in FALL and SRPING terms (twice a year)
Avoid Y or Yf courses as they are full-year courses
Please note that the options listed on this webpage should be used as a guide only. Additional discipline areas may be available. For current information about fields of study, course selection and language proficiency requirements, please check the host university's website.
|Restricted Fields of Study:||
Journalism NOT AVAILABLE until further notice
You can only select courses offered by City Law School, School of Arts or School of Social Sciences.
Avoid selecting courses from multiple schools or departments.
|Approximate living expenses:||
GBP 15,000 per year
Single-semester exchange only
Undergraduate exchange only
Extremely limited places in Halls of Residence: You cannot apply for accommodation until you receive an official acceptance from City.
If you are not allocated a place in the Halls of Residence, the Accommodation Office can give advice on private housing options. (http://www.city.ac.uk/international/international-students/exchange-programmes/pre-arrival-information)
Visa advice: You will NOT receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number for Tier 4 (General) student visa application if you study at City for one semester only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org after you receive an official acceptance from City.
- London is a major travel hub with 5 international airports, the London Eurostar Terminal and 12 national rail termini - a perfect gateway for exploring Europe!
- You are right in the heart of London. Over 100 cinemas. More than 50 theatres. 200 festivals. Over 200 museums. 5,000 restaurants and bars. There is always something going on in this great city.
- If you are interested in the history of London, enrol in the course LA2018 Historic London (offered in either term). You will explore London during class time, including guided tours to the House of Parliament, the Royal Courts of Justice and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre.
|What our students say about City University London|
|Ruth: City University London (Semester 2, 2012) Bachelor of Communication/Journalism|
|Elspeth: City University London (Semester 2, 2012) Bachelor of Arts/Laws|
|Bridgette: City University London (Semester 2, 2011) Bachelor of Communication/Journalism|
|Sophie: City University London (Semester 2, 2011) Bachelor of Arts|
|Annie: City University London (Semester 1, 2011) Bachelor of Arts/Journalism|
|Eliza: City University London (Semester 2,2010) Bachelor of Journalism|
|Bethanie: City University London (Semester 2, 2010) Bachelor of Arts/Journalism|
|Emily: City University London (Semester 1, 2010) Bachelor of Journalism/Arts|