University of Surrey
|University of Surrey|
|Approximate semester dates:||
Semester 1 (Autumn semester): September-February
Semester 2 (Spring semester): February-June
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Full time load equivalent:||60 credits per semester (Usually 4 courses worth 15 credits each)|
|Fields of Study Available:||
Hospitality and Tourism Management students Only
Course Catalogue (Search by Department and Level)
- Current 2012/13
- Provisional 2013/14
More course info: School Handbook for Incoming Exchange Students (p. 7 - p. 12 for courses in IHTM programme)
School-specific exchange only: You must select at least 2 courses from School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Subject to approval, students are allowed to take up to 2 courses offered by Surrey Business School, School of Economics and School of Law: Courses on Management, Law and Economics
Please note that the options listed on this webpage should be used as a guide only. Additional discipline areas may be available. For current information about fields of study, course selection and language proficiency requirements, please check the host university's website.
|Restricted Fields of Study:||Exchange limited to Hospitality and Tourism Management students Only|
|Approximate living expenses:||
GBP 10,000 per year
Campus accommodation available
- International Tourism Destinations (15 credits, offered in Semester 1)
- Tourist Behaviour (15 credits, offered in Semester 2)
- The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management ranked no. 1 in the UK for Tourism according to the Times, Guardian and Independent (2011).
- Teach and/or learn a language through LACES (Language and Culture Exchange Scheme).
- Surrey, based in the historical town Guildford, is one of the safest places to live in the UK. It is only a 35-minute train journey from Central London. There are direct train services from London Gatwick Airport and London Waterloo.
|What our students say about University of Surrey|
|Emily: University of Surrey (Semester 1, 2012) Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management|