Host University: The partner institution where you will be studying on exchange.

Standard Full-Time Load: The equivalent of 8 units (#8) study at UQ per semester. For further information about the full-time load equivalent for partner institutions visit the Choose a University page.

Study Abroad or Free Mover: UQ students are able to study at a university that is not listed as one of UQ’s partner universities as a Study Abroad Student or Free Mover. In this scenario, you would need to organise your own global experience without the assistance of UQ Abroad, including application and enrolment in the host university, and you would need to pay tuition to that university rather than to UQ. While you can apply for credit for the courses completed at the host university, you would need to seek course approval directly from your faculty. As you would not be enrolled at UQ, you would not be eligible to receive Centrelink payments and would not be covered by UQ's travel and health insurance.

On this site