Eligibility criteria for Coursework Masters Students
The eligibility criteria against which applications for exchange will be assessed are provided below. These requirements should be met by the end of the semester in which you apply to UQ Abroad (See application deadlines).
Coursework Master’s students
To be eligible to participate in UQ Abroad’s Student Exchange Program, you must:
• Be enrolled and taking classes in a UQ degree program in the semester of application. (MBA and M. Architecture – see variations below)
• Have completed, or be about to complete, at least one semester of study and at least 6 units in your current UQ program in the semester of application. (MBA – see variation below)
• Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 4.5 in your current degree program. Please note: Students who have an academic warning or who have been required to show cause in their most recent #16 of enrolment at UQ may not be approved to go on exchange, even when their GPA is 4.5 or above.
• Have achieved a GPA of at least 4.5 in the semester of application.
• Please note: Not all partner universities will accept coursework Master’s students. Master’s students considering going on exchange must discuss this option with a UQ Abroad Advisor.
• Gain school and faculty approval in the form of a study plan to obtain full credit transfer from your exchange studies towards your UQ degree. Check with your UQ Faculty and School to see if there are any special requirements regarding going on exchange in your currently enrolled program.
• Have sufficient time left in your degree to study a standard full-time load (8 units) while on exchange. Students may take the equivalent of 6 units while on exchange if approved by the Manager, UQ Abroad, or if going on exchange in their last semester of their degree with only 6 units left to complete. Please note:
Going on exchange in your final semester will delay your graduation
The MBA program has approved eligibility variations as follows:
• MBA: Students in the MBA program are not required to be enrolled in the semester of application (to UQ Abroad).
• MBA: MBA students are required to have completed or about to complete a minimum of 4 units (4#) at the end of the semester of application.