If you receive assistance from Centrelink, you can arrange to continue to receive these payments while you are overseas as a UQ exchange student.

Centrelink requires the following information in writing from UQ:

  • that you will remain enrolled at UQ for the duration of your exchange studies;
  • your study load while overseas;
  • the duration of your overseas study; and
  • that your overseas study will count towards your UQ degree program.

You can request a Centrelink letter from UQ Abroad once you have been officially accepted by your host university.

Please contact Centrelink for more details concerning your eligibility, and payments . Note that Rent Assistance is not generally paid while you are on exchange.

On this site