WATCH the UQ Abroad information session on Exchange to Canada HERE


Official Languages: English, French
Capital City: Ottawa
Currency: Canadian Dollar


Student Visa Information 

Tips for Speeding Up Your Study Permit Application

As of March 15, 2016 citizens of all visa-exempt countries (excluding the United States) will require an eTA before boarding a plane to Canada. More information about the eTA requirement can be found at:


Planning to transit through the US?  You will need a US visa. Depending on your circumstances and travel plans, the USA Visa Waiver Program may not be appropriate for you and you may need to apply for a Tourist Visa. Please consult the US Embassy for details. 


Pre-Departure Presentation (June 2013) and Pre-departure Guide for Australasian Students (valid from 2012 onwards)

Private Accommodation Estimates: 

Further information about the Global Research Internship: 


View host universities in Canada

HEC Montréal

McGill University

Queen's University (Kingston)

University of Alberta

University of British Columbia

University of Calgary

University of Saskatchewan

University of Toronto

University of Waterloo

Western University

On this site