- Prepare material
- Read and think about the material you need to present
- Think about questions you might be asked and prepare answers
- Think about questions to ask the class to promote discussion
- Decide how you will learn student names
- Prepare an icebreaker activity to help you get to know the students, and let them to get to know you.
- Know where you are going and what you need to take
- Identify where you will be teaching and make sure the room will be open or that you will have a key
- Have all the papers and materials you will need on the day
- Make sure you can operate any equipment you will want to use
- Dress appropriately for a member of staff
- Arrive early to give yourself time to set up
- Where possible, set up the room to encourage equal participation (for example, student sitting in a circle facing one another).