ResTeach 2012 Guidelines now available
The 2012 ResTeach guidelines and application form are now available.
ResTeach provides funding to encourage and facilitate schools to utilise, in a limited fashion, some of the large numbers of research staff who are at UQ. A large majority of these staff currently have little formal contact with undergraduate or graduate coursework students.
The scheme is designed to remove a frequently stated impediment to utilising research staff, namely resource allocation, and thereby:
- expose students to key researchers, who hopefully can convey the excitement of their field;
- improve the student: teacher ratio in an effective and efficient manner;
- provide an opportunity for interested researchers to expand their portfolio;
- strengthen the relationship between research and teaching to improve the student learning experience, and
- reduce the teaching loads of existing T&R academics.
Applications are due to the Office of the DVCA, via each Faculty Office, by Friday, 18 November 2011. Each Faculty will set their own internal deadlines before submission to the ODVCA.