New Staff Start-up Grants - Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
2012 Application form and guidelines available now
The University of Queensland New Staff Start-Up Grant, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) scheme is a means by which the University provides resources to new Teaching Focused staff to assist them to build a profile in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
This scheme mirrors New Staff Research Grants that are available for Research Only and Teaching and Research staff members. New Staff Research Grants are administered through the Research and Innovation Division and details can be found on their website.
The aims of the Scheme are:
- to encourage new members of TF staff to identify and develop an area of professional learning in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) that is relevant to their current and intended role; and
- to provide limited seed funding as a means of generating future support from competitive internal and external grant schemes.
Funding available: The scheme is funded jointly, to a maximum combined total of $12,000 per grant per applicant, by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Faculties, and TEDI. The total funding allocated to each applicant is at the recommendation of the relevant Faculty.
Eligibility: Applicants will need to apply to one of the first two application rounds following their appointment to a Teaching Focused position at UQ: ie staff have until the funding round immediately following the one-year anniversary of their appointment to a Teaching Focused position to apply for New Staff Start-Up funding.
Application closing date: Tuesday, 12 June 2012
Full eligibility requirements, selection criteria and selection process are detailed in the scheme guideline.
- Guidelines - New Staff Start-up (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) Grants
- Application Form - New Staff Start-up (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) Grants
- Conditions of Award - New Staff Start-up (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) Grants
All New Staff Start-up (SoTL) recipients must submit a final report on completion of the grant.
Final report template
A teaching and learning grant workshop will be held in May and is recommended for staff members considering developing teaching and learning grant proposals in 2012. The guidelines and requirements for New Staff Start-up (SoTL) and Early Career (SoTL) schemes will be discussed, as well as approaches to developing T&L focussed applications.
Date: Friday 18 May
Venue: Room 323 Steele Building
The ALTC funded a project in late 2009 to determine to what extent the promoted dissemination strategies had led to the effective dissemination and consolidation of outcomes of completed ALTC Grants Scheme projects. A key outcome of the project was the development of a range of resources to support dissemination activities for future applicants. A guide has been developed to assist staff to plan and undertake effective dissemination and is a highly recommended for prospective and successful applicants:
- Guidelines - New Staff Start-Up Grant, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Scheme
- Application Form - New Staff Start-Up Grant, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Scheme
- Conditions of Award - New Staff Start-Up Grant, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Scheme
|New Staff Start-up Grants - Scholarship of Teaching and Learning section|