- Funding and Awards
Funding and Awards
There are a number of awards and grants available to staff for recognition and promotion of excellence in teaching and learning. These awards and grants play an important role in supporting innovation in teaching practice, as well as rewarding best practice.
A range of awards and grants are available from Schools, Faculties, the University and national bodies such as the Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT). It provides a national focus for the enhancement of learning and teaching in Australian higher education providers. The OLT undertakes a number of activities:
- manage a number of major granting schemes for innovation in learning and teaching;
- coordinate the Australian Awards for University Teaching;
- facilitate benchmarking of effective learning and teaching processes at national and international levels;
- develop mechanisms for the dissemination of good practice in learning and teaching;
- manage a program for international experts in learning and teaching to visit Australian higher education providers.
Below are some of the awards and recognition schemes available to eligible UQ staff:
- Faculty of Arts Award for Excellence in Teaching
- EPSA Faculty Teaching Excellence Awards
- Health Sciences Teaching Fellowship
- School of Business Excellence in Teaching Awards
- School of Medicine Teaching and Learning Awards
Teaching and learning funding schemes:
UQ actively encourages staff to take advantage of these opportunities for recognition and improvement of teaching and learning practice.
TEDI can also provide advice and support for staff members submitting applications and proposals across internal and external awards and grants programs.
|Funding and Awards section|