- QA in Assessment: Implementation Proposal for Faculties and Schools
QA in Assessment: Implementation Proposal for Faculties and Schools
HUPP 3.30.1 Assessment Policy and Practices requires that ?as part of the curriculum review process, there will be systematic scrutiny and monitoring of assessment criteria, standards and practices'.
A1. Policy Requirements for Schools
Schools will be required to develop and document a system for quality assurance and quality control in assessment, including monitoring and auditing of assessment practices to determine adherence to University policies and practices in assessment.
As part of the curriculum review process, schools will be required to monitor students' perceptions of the quality of their assessment through analysis of data reports from mechanisms such as the institutional Course Evaluation instrument (iCEVAL), Course Experience Questionnaire (CEQ) and University of Queensland Student Experience Survey (UQSES) and develop remedial action where assessment quality is found to be lacking.
In sequence with the curriculum review process, schools will be required to audit a sample of courses ? with respect to compliance with University policies and practices in assessment, reporting to the Head of School.
A2. Implementation Proposal for Schools
An implementation proposal has been developed to assist Schools with the monitoring and auditing process in 2003/2004.
B1. Policy Requirements for Faculties
Faculties will be required, inter alia, to:
- Develop their own quality assurance and quality control process with respect to assessment practices.
- Review assessment practices across the schools/programs in the faculty.
- Develop and implement procedures to facilitate best practice in assessment.
- Have procedures and mechanisms to identify and deal with any problems in the implementation of University assessment policies and practices.
- In sequence with the curriculum review process, report to the Executive Dean on issues relating to assessment quality.
B2. Implementation Proposal for Faculties: Auditing Assessment Policies and Practices
An implementation proposal has been developed to assist Faculties with the auditing process in 2003/2004.
|QA in Assessment: Implementation Proposal for Faculties and Schools section|