Fairy Pools and Roo Burgers

I visited Sunshine Coast a few weeks ago with some friends. We stayed at an Air bnb in Mudjimba, a small suburb on the beach. Our first day there, we went to the beach and spent at a few hours swimming in the ocean. We then went to a grocery store to buy food for dinner and saw that kangaroo burgers were SO cheap. We couldn’t pass up such a good offer, so we bought them. Cooking some roo burgers on the Barbie was maybe the most Australian thing I have done and will ever do. As bad as I felt for eating such an adorable animal, they were delicious. We woke up early the next morning to go to the Eumundi markets. It was well worth the hour bus ride away. There were at least two hundred different vendors selling food, coffee, clothes, jewelry, and more, and I spent more money than I wanted to. I bought a flat white coffee, a ring for my sister, a new swimsuit, and a Japanese pancake and a veggie burger. The Japanese pancake was maybe the most delicious thing I have eaten ever. After the markets, we went to Noosa beach and National Park. There was a surf competition going on that weekend, so we got to watch surfing and paddle boarding events from the beach. On the bus ride to Noosa, we randomly started talking to a girl who told us about the Noosa fairy pools, little swimming holes closed off from the rest of the ocean by rocks. 

The pools were about an hour walk along the ocean coast through Noosa National Park. The views were incredible along the way. We finally found the fairy pools and swam and cliff jumped into the water. We kept walking on the cliffs for a while until the tide got so high the waves were crashing over us. When went back to Mudjimba when it got dark. The next day, we packed up our stuff and went to Mooloolaba, another beach town, and spent the day there. It was a super fun and relaxing weekend.