Students at UQ have three main accommodation options: 

  1. If you want to live on campus, arrange your accommodation ahead of time, have your meals catered for you and lots of support and activities at your fingertips, you should consider living in a Residential College. Places are available for the next intake. Apply now.
  2. If you want to be a bit more independent (or are unsuccessful at securing a place in a College), but still want to have your accommodation arranged before you arrive, you should consider living in off-campus student housing. This is self-catered, furnished accommodation designed for students and can be booked online with UQ's preferred providers from overseas.
  3. The third option is to book temporary accommodation such as a hotel or youth hostel and wait until you arrive in Brisbane to secure permanent accommodation. If you choose this option, you should plan to arrive in Brisbane at least two to three weeks before the start of Orientation, as it can take some time to find a suitable place and get settled in. This option offers the widest variety of choices and prices. You can find more information on the Accommodation Services website. 

You can find more information on the Accommodation Options document here.


Guaranteed Accommodation

UQ can now offer guaranteed accommodation at one of our approved accommodation providers or residential colleges if you have accepted your offer apply and apply by the deadline. You can find the details here.


College Associate Membership

In case you want to enjoy the academic and social benefits of a residential college without living in one, however, some colleges also offer non-resident or associate membership programs. You can find out the details on the web sites of The Women's College (women only), Duchesne College (women only), St Leo's College (men only), King's College (men only), Emmanuel College (co-ed), Cromwell College (co-ed), and International House (co-ed).