Supply Chain Management Field of Study
Part of the Master of Business program
Commencing semesters, 2017
School of Business
Why study Supply Chain Management?
Supply Chain Management is designed for business managers who wish to obtain education and training in how to organise and control the flow of material within and between organisations, covering supply chain design, logistics management, distribution channels, and quality management. In today's increasingly turbulent commercial world, achieving an efficient supply network is central to business success. The world depends on supply chain managers to make products available to us.
Supply chain management is critical to the success of any company which manufactures or handles goods. It monitors the movement and storage of raw materials, maintains inventories of all stock and work that is in progress, and tracks goods from their point of origin to the final customer. It's also about working closely with a variety of external partners to find and source the best materials at the best price and maintaining strong links with suppliers and customers.
Note: International students can only commence this field of study
- Master of Business (32 units) - Semester 1 or Semester 2;
- Master of Business (24 units) - Semester 1 ONLY.
What you can study
- Students are encouraged to commence the MITx MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management courses prior to commencing at UQ.
- For students intending to complete the Supply Chain Management field of study who commence in the Master of Business at UQ without first having commenced in the MITx courses, the overall duration to complete the qualification may vary dependant on MITx course timetabling.
- International students on a student visa who complete all the necessary UQ requirements for the Master of Business program in 1.5 years (#24) or 2 years (#32) and who still have MITx courses outstanding will NOT be able to stay in Australia and will be required to return to their home country and successfully complete the necessary requirements through MITx online before the UQ degree can be awarded.
View the course list for courses that can be studied as part of the Supply Chain Management field of study.
What it costs
Please view the Master of Business for indicative fees.
How to apply
Please view the Master of Business for information on key dates and how to apply.