Psychotherapy Field of Study
Part of the Master of Mental Health program
Commencing semesters, 2017
School of Medicine
Phone: (07) 3310 9469
International Student Advisor
Online Enquiries (fast response): www.uq.edu.au/international/enquiry
Phone: Outside Australia: + 61 3 8676 7004
Within Australia (Free Call): 1800 671 980
Why study Psychotherapy?
The psychotherapy specialisation offers advanced training in the use of psychotherapy techniques, with particular emphasis on psychodynamic and/or cognitive behaviour techniques. Students also acquire research skills relevant to the investigation of some aspect of psychotherapy.
- Students can commence this specialiation in semester 1 only
- Most courses are only available internally at Herston campus, though some introductory courses are also available externally.
- All students must attend seminars and residential schools in Brisbane.
- International students can only study the coursework portion of this program as full-time internal students
- The final project may be undertaken externally, subject to satisfactory supervision arrangements.
Consult the Program Coordinator for further information.
What you can study
Courses focus on the application of specific psychotherapy techniques to particular populations, and in the treatment of specific forms of psychopathology.
View the Master of Mental Health course list for courses that can be studied as part of the Psychotherapy field of study.
What it costs
Please view the Master of Mental Health for indicative fees.
How to apply
Please view the Master of Mental Health for information on key dates and how to apply.