Chinese Translation and Interpreting Single Major
Part of the Bachelors of Commerce/Arts program
Commencing semesters, 2017
School of Languages and Cultures
Why study Chinese Translation and Interpreting?
The major provides students with knowledge of:
- The key issues in English>Chinese and Chinese>English translation, based on to the generic NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) paraprofessional credential.
- The key issues in English>Mandarin and Mandarin>English interpreting, based on the generic NAATI paraprofessional credential.
- The influence of source and target culture on the translation and interpreting of written and spoken texts between English and Chinese.
- The influence of text genre on the translation and interpreting of written and spoken texts between English and Chinese.
- The key issues in translation and interpreting ethics, as defined by NAATI.
- The essential foundations of language and intercultural communication.
View the course list for courses that can be studied as part of the Chinese Translation and Interpreting single major.
What it costs
Please view the Bachelors of Commerce/Arts for indicative fees.
How to apply
Please view the Bachelors of Commerce/Arts for information on key dates and how to apply.