Calculating your fees
The University provides lists of indicative fees as a guide to estimating your tuition fees.
- Indicative undergraduate program fees for international students
- Indicative undergraduate dual program fees for international students
- Indicative postgraduate coursework program fees for international students
- Indicative undergraduate program fees for Australian students
- Indicative undergraduate dual program fees for Australian students
- Indicative postgraduate coursework program fees for Australian students
The University has provided an online Fees Calculator to enable you to estimate the fees you will be charged for your study at UQ. There are several choices and decisions you will have to make before you can use the Fees Calculator:
- Course (subject) costs and selection
Tuition fees are calculated on a per course basis rather than per program.
- You will need to know which courses you are intending to enrol in before you can calculate your fees using the UQ Fees Calculator.
To find out what courses you can or must enrol in, you need to refer to the Course list in conjunction with the Program rules for your program. On the Programs and courses website each program has a link to the Course list in the What you can study section and a link to the Program Rules in the Program Rules and Requirements section.
The Choosing courses page in myAdvisor provides an overview on course selection.
- Student category
Once you have selected the courses you wish to study, you need to identify what category of student you are, as course costs differ according to student category:
- Commencing year
You will be asked to select the year you commenced your program. If you have not yet commenced a program at UQ, please select the most current year.
- The Fees Calculator gives you an estimate of your tuition fees for the courses you enter into the Fees Calculator.
When choosing courses to put in the Fees Calculator, remember to:
- Select a course that is offered in the semester you want to study in (see the Course offerings section to see the semester a course is offered in);
- Select courses that are recommended for your program. The courses that are offered in the program are included in the Course list which is linked from the What you can study section for each program (i.e. degree). It is helpful to have this listing available when using the Fees Calculator.
Once you have a list of the courses you wish to study and you know what type of student category you are, you can calculate your fees by clicking on the Fees Calculator button below.
To estimate the fees for your whole program, calculate your fees for one semester (usually 4 courses, worth 2 units each) and multiply the result by the number of semesters in the program. (You will find a program's full-time duration in each program entry in the Programs database.)
The resulting calculation will be approximate for two reasons:
- all fees are subject to annual cost indexation
- individual course costs may differ according to their subject area
Below is a link to the online Fees Calculator: