If you have deferred or interrupted your studies and are ready to commence your studies, there are certain steps you will need to take depending on whether you have deferred the commencement of your studies or whether you interrupted your current studies.

Returning after deferment

  1. Domestic undergraduate students
    Deferment is available for all programs (including postgraduate programs) offered through QTAC. Please refer to the deferment page for further information on the process.

  2. Domestic postgraduate coursework students
    Students should contact the faculty that offers the program for advice.

  3. Domestic Research Higher Degree students
    Students should contact the Graduate School for advice.

  4. International Students
    Students should contact the International Education Directorate on applicationstatus@uq.edu.au

Returning after interruption

  • Domestic undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students
    If you have interrupted your studies, you will have to contact either your faculty or a student centre to "re-activate" your enrolment.  Your Academic Record will be checked against the program rules to ensure you are still eligible for a place in your program.  For the due dates, please see the Important dates page on the Starting at UQ website. For a complete list of all official university dates relating to students, please refer to the Academic calendar.

  • Domestic Research students:  Please refer to the Graduate School website for information relating to interruption of candidature and returning from an interruption.
  • International students: Please fill in the application to extend studies and for new CoE and return it to your Faculty.