A student bringing a spouse and/or children to Australia will need to have enough money to support them before the Australian Government will issue a visa. For more information, contact the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

Students must also complete the ‘Dependent' section of their UQ application form if they intend to bring school-aged children to Australia.

Child care options are also available.

School attendance
DIAC requires dependent children between the ages of five and 18 to attend school full-time as a condition of the dependant visa.

The process of enrolling children in schools is different in each state in Australia. In Queensland it is not possible to enrol a child in school until they have arrived in Queensland. For general information about the process of arranging schooling for children of international students in Queensland, please click here.

School tuition fees and tuition fee exemption
International fee paying students must pay school tuition fees for school-aged children. Click here for an indication of school tuition fees, and for information about tuition fee exemption.

Useful links:
Global Currency Converter