There are many significant differences between a research degree or major research project and coursework. To help you come to grips with these and successfully make the shift from doing coursework to doing original research, this section of the Learning website will look at:
- conceptualising what a research degree or project is all about, including a discussion of the drivers of research and common transition issues.
- working successfully with an adviser/supervisor.
- writing at this level, including general writing tips; and writing a successful:
- the secrets to getting finished when you don’t have the predefined structure of a lecture course and regular assessment deadlines to keep you on track.
- important policies research students need to be aware of.