While all exams test knowledge, most exams test other things as well, such as your ability to:
- apply your knowledge;
- explain ideas and develop arguments in written form; and
- solve problems.
Exams also test your proficiency - can you do what is required quickly? - and your time management abilities.
Consequently, the Exam Preparation pages look at:
- the different types of exam you might encounter, such as multiple choice, essays, short answers, open book exams, take home exams, and how to most effectively prepare for and tackle such exams;
- effective approaches to studying different types of knowledge and skills;
- Exam day tips, so that on the day you make best use of your preparation; and
- Managing Swot Vac and using a study timetable, so that you make effective use of the revision period.
Links to important University rules about exams are also provided.
Remember though, it takes time to develop proficiency, so start preparing early. If available, download past exams right from week one and use these to guide your study strategies and to test whether you've been learning effectively.