What is Groups 4 Health?
Groups 4 Health is an evidence-based group program that is designed to help you better understand and manage your social relationships, with the goal of improving health and well-being.
Is this for me?
If you are experiencing low mood, or just feel isolated and in need of developing new relationships and strengthening existing ones, then this free program might be for you!
How will I benefit?
Groups 4 Health will help provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to increase your social connectedness. You will learn how being social connected will make a difference to your health and wellbeing.
There are 5 x 1.5 hour weekly sessions
- Fridays at 1 - 2:30pm at the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy, Room 209.
- Around 10 participants per group
SESSION 1: APRIL 28
Why your social group ties matter?
- Increases awareness of the role that social groups play in our lives
- Helps people to discover the benefits of social groups
SESSION 2: mAY 5
Mapping your social world
- We will illustrate your social group networks and relationships between them
- This will be used to identify any areas that can be strengthened
SESSION 3: mAY 12
How to make the most of your existing social networks
- Discovering the best ways to make the most of your group ties
- Identifying key ways to reconnect with old group ties
SESSION 4: mAY 19
Building new connections
- Identifying groups one wants to join
- Developing the confidence to join new groups
SESSION 5: JUNE 9
Ensuring your group ties endure
- Troubleshooting any issues encountered in managing social groups