Frequently Asked Questions
Will the counsellor give me advice?
Counsellors don't ever give advice of the "I'd leave that relationship if I was you" variety since the purpose of counselling is to help you make your own decision.
They will never make a moral decision about the course of action you ought to take.
They may sum up what they understand you have been saying so far, in order to help you move on and form a plan of action.
They can offer pointers to how others have successfully dealt with common problems and may also make suggestions of the "have you thought of the following" variety.
Connect with us
- Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmNew2UQ
- Fri 24 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 2:00pmAccommodation
- Fri 24 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm2:00pm to 3:00pmLearning
- Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmInternational
- Mon 27 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm12:00pm to 1:00pmLearning