Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve found a short term rental to sublet from a student on holidays. What do I need to know?
Some students will sublet their room in a shared property over the summer holidays. To sublet, a tenant needs written permission from their lessor to sublet in their absence. You also need to check the start and end dates of the agreement so you know what period you are committing to pay rent for. If you are charged a bond in a sublet listing, it must be lodged with the Residential Tenancies Authority. Your name should also be added to the lease agreement for the period you will be staying in the property.
Connect with us
- Wed 4 Mar 2015, 9:00 am9:00am to 10:00amLearning
- Wed 4 Mar 2015, 10:00 am10:00am to 11:00amStudent Life
- Wed 4 Mar 2015, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmNew2UQ
- Wed 4 Mar 2015, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmPractical Help and Advice
- Wed 4 Mar 2015, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 3:00pmCareers