Frequently Asked Questions
I’m only studying at UQ for a short time, is it easy to break a lease?
We do not recommend that you sign up for a lease that is longer than you intend to live at the property. To leave a lease agreement early, you need to break your lease. Breaking your lease can be an expensive process – you may have to pay a break lease fee and you will be legally required to pay rent until a replacement tenant can be found. For further advice on breaking leases, come and see the staff at Accommodation Services or contact the Residential Tenancies Authority directly.
Connect with us
- Wed 5 Aug 2015, 10:00 am10:00am to 11:00amLearning
- Wed 5 Aug 2015, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmPractical Help and Advice
- Wed 5 Aug 2015, 12:00 pm12:00pm to 1:00pmStudent Life
- Wed 5 Aug 2015, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 2:00pmLearning
- Wed 5 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm2:00pm to 3:00pmLearning