Frequently Asked Questions
What should I expect to pay for electricity and other utilities?
Utilities are generally charged quarterly (every three months), so the bills can be large when they arrive. We suggest students budget between $1 to $1.50 per day for electricity. If you put this money aside weekly, then you will have a pool of cash to draw on when your bills arrive. Just remember that if you’re using your air-conditioning a lot through the summer then you should budget for your bills to be higher as air conditioners can use a lot of electricity. Check your tenancy agreement to see what utilities you are responsible for paying for.
Connect with us
- Fri 5 Dec 2014, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmNew2UQ
- Fri 5 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 2:00pmAccommodation
- Fri 12 Dec 2014, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmNew2UQ
- Fri 12 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 2:00pmAccommodation
- Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmNew2UQ