Frequently Asked Questions
Is counselling like psychiatry?
Counselling bears little relation to psychiatry except that both deal with emotional and mental processes.
Psychiatrists are trained doctors, who work largely through diagnosis of illness and then by prescribing a treatment - usually involving medication.
Counsellors are normally non-medical professionals, who work by talking and encouraging you to find your own solutions.
Counsellors can however recognize the symptoms of severe mental distress, and may suggest you consider medical help if this is appropriate.
Connect with us
- Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:00 am10:00am to 11:00amStudent Life
- Mon 20 Apr 2015, 11:00 am11:00am to 12:00pmStudent Life
- Mon 20 Apr 2015, 12:00 pm12:00pm to 1:00pmLearning
- Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 3:00pmCareers
- Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm1:00pm to 2:00pmInternational