About your ID card

All students must have a student ID card, even if you are studying via distance education (i.e. externally).

Student ID cards enable you to:

  • Borrow books from the University libraries;
  • Print and copy on campus;
  • Provide proof of ID when discussing your enrolment;
  • Identify yourself when attending exams;
  • Access buildings and computer labs;
  • Get concession fares on public transport and other services.

Your student ID card reflects the information you submit the first time you enrol. It is used for the length of your program, so ensure you have entered the following information correctly:

  • Your expected graduation semester; and
  • Your planned academic load (full-time or part-time attendance).

ID cards can be produced one working day after you have enrolled via mySI-net.

Travel concession

Tertiary students can travel on concession fares in South East Queensland provided they are enrolled on a full-time basis as an internal student, are carrying a valid student ID card and had tertiary concession fares activated on their adult go card.  To access concession fares, you must register an adult go card online providing your name, student number and university. Please refer to the Translink website for further information. 

International Student Identification Cards (ISIC)

International Student Identification Cards (ISIC) provide full-time students with access to a wide range of travel and other discounts and concessions within Australia and world-wide. Cards are available from Student Travel Australia (STA) website.

Please note that you will require proof of current full-time enrolment as part of the eligibility requirement. You can get this from the Student Centre on your campus.

Your application for the ISIC must be made directly to STA.

Next step: Attend orientation ›

Did you find this page helpful? Yes No

Go to top