What fees do I pay?

The fees that you pay depend on what kind of student you are, when you commenced your program, and the courses in which you enrol.

Commonwealth supported students – pay student contribution amounts.  

Full fee-paying students – pay domestic or international Tuition Fees.

After you have added your courses (see Step 3 - Enrol online for details), from late January onwards, the fees you owe will be displayed in mySI-net the following day. Go to your mySI-net 'Financial' home page to view your invoice and see the amount you owe.

Changing your enrolment (adding or dropping courses) may change the amount you owe. Wait one day after adding or dropping courses or changing your payment option to view an updated invoice showing the amount you owe.

How do I pay?

You can pay fees:


  • contact your participating bank, credit union or building society to set up your option to pay bills using BPAY - a secure, fast and easy method of paying bills.

Online payment in SI-net:

  • Sign-in to mySI-net
  • Click on the Financial link
  • Click on the icon to enter the secure internet payment web page, where MasterCard and Visa will be accepted.
  • You will be sent a payment receipt to your UQ student email address.
  • To protect our clients, the University does not store credit card numbers.


By post:

  • with payment via cheque or money order; or


In person:

  • at the Student Centre on your campus we encourage you to use the other options above, to avoid lengthy delays waiting in a queues at the Student Centre.

Go to the How to pay page for more information on your payment options.

When do I pay?

You must pay your fees by the due date for payment of fees and charges. Late fees apply if you pay after this date.

If you change your enrolment after these dates, you should pay any outstanding amount within two days to avoid an administrative fee for late payment.

If you are enrolled, your invoice will be available via your mySI-net ‘Financial’ tab from mid-January for Semester 1 and mid-June for Semester 2. Prior to your invoice becoming available you can calculate your course fees using the online fee calculator

Can I apply for a HELP loan?

The Australian Government administers the Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) which consists of several HELP loan schemes to assist you with the cost of your fees.

If you are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder or a New Zealand citizen and hold a special category visa, you may be eligible to apply for a HELP loan. Refer to the financial assistance webpage for further details on these programmes. 
You must supply your Tax File Number to obtain a HELP loan.
Note: If you are a permanent Australian resident or if you have a permanent non-humanitarian visa, you are not eligible for a HELP loan. 

What is the census date?

The census date is the day by which you must finalise your course enrolments. Commonwealth supported students must have HECS-HELP arrangements sorted by this date, and full-fee paying postgraduate domestic students must have FEE-HELP arrangements finalised by this date. If you do not pay fees or have your HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP arrangements finalised by the census date, your enrolment at UQ will be cancelled.

Census date is the last date to drop courses on mySI-net without financial liability.  International students should refer to the refund policy.

Go to the Census Date page to find the census date for each enrolment period.

Next step: Get your student ID card ›

Did you find this page helpful? Yes No

Go to top