- 6. Get your student ID card
6. Get your student ID card
One working day after you have enrolled you can collect your student identity card (ID card). Why not enrol early and get your ID card before the crowds start in Orientation Week?
Where do I go to get my ID card?
Collect your ID card from the following locations:
- Gatton: Student Centre [Building 8101A - See map] - Monday to Friday between 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Herston: School of Medicine Office [See Herston campus map]- every 2nd Wednesday from 6th February between 2pm - 3pm. Phone 61 7 3365-5278 to confirm location on the day
- Ipswich: Student Centre [Building 8 - See map] - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- St Lucia: Prentice Centre, Ground Floor, Prentice Building [42 - See map] - Monday to Friday between 8am - 5:00pm
Pro tip: Find your way around campus with the UQnav mobile app
What do I need to take?
You will need:
- Proof of identity such as a Passport or Australian Drivers Licence; and
- Confirmation of your offer to study at UQ. All applicants (including QTAC and international students) this will be the offer letter emailed to you.
Ensure that the name on your confirmation of offer to study at UQ matches your official name on your proof of identification before collecting your student ID card.
Your photo will be taken and your student ID produced while you wait. All ID cards must be signed on collection.
Further information for:
- Year 1 students
Student ID and hospital cards will be organised and processed during MD orientation.
- Hospital ID Stickers
Hospital ID year stickers for continuing MD students can be obtained at the School of Medicine, Level 1 (Bldg 881) [See map] (pdf), Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
External students/Distance education students
If you are an externally enrolled student and cannot attend a campus location to obtain a student ID Card:
- Complete the External Student ID Card Declaration form;
- Attach a digital passport-style photograph of yourself, and
- Email to email@example.com, or
- Print the form and send it with a passport-style photograph of yourself to:
The University of Queensland
Next step: Attend orientation ›