Enrolment involves entering your personal information, the courses you want to study and related information into the UQ student system.

Before you start the enrolment process you need to:

  1. Have your first year program planner and checklist at hand;
  2. Log in to mySI-net with your student username and password. (You must have activated your student account first)

To enrol, you need to follow our 7 step Task Wizard. This will appear every time you log in to mySI-net until you have completed all enrolment tasks.

Firstly, login to mySI-net with your student username and password.

Check and update your personal information, including your contact details, ethnicity and language, disability and support services and prior studies.

  • Domestic undergraduate students need to enter where you completed high school and your parent's highest educational attainment.
  • International students need to record a local (Australian) address as the 'Semester Address' and an overseas home address as the 'Permanent Address'.

Screenshot from mySI-net personal information tab

Select the semester and year you expect to graduate from your program.

For example, if you are starting a three year program on a full-time basis in Semester 1, 2012, your expected graduation will be Semester 2, 2014.

You can change your expected graduation semester at any time if your program or study load changes. The date is important because it determines the expiry date on your student ID card.

Screenshot from mySI-net graduation semester tab

Select whether you will study full-time or part-time.

  • Your study load is considered full time if you study 6 or more units (most full-time students study 8 units).
  • International students must always have a full-time study load.

Your study load will be recorded on your student ID card.

Screenshot from mySI-net study load tab

All undergraduate domestic students who are offered a place in a UQ program via QTAC are Commonwealth supported students (ie the Australian government funds part of your tuition costs and you pay the remainder which is called your 'student contribution').

Read through the information explaining your obligations and fill out your electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) via mySI-net.

Select your payment option.

Commonwealth supported Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders resident in Australia can apply for a HECS-HELP loan (the Australian government's Higher Education Loan Program) to pay their student contributions. The loan does not have to be repaid until your income reaches a level set by the government.

If eligible for a HECS-HELP loan, you can:

  1. Pay your student contribution up-front; or
  2. Pay part of your student contribution up-front and obtain a HECS-HELP loan for the rest; or
  3. Pay nothing now and obtain a HECS-HELP loan for the full student contribution amount.

You must enter your Tax File Number (TFN) to obtain a HECS-HELP loan. (Even if you select the up-front payment option it is recommended you provide your TFN as a safety net in case you are unable to pay your student contribution amount up-front). If you do not provide your TFN by the census date, and have not paid your student contribution up-front, your enrolment will be cancelled and you will lose your Commonwealth supported place for the semester.

You will also have to pay a Student Services and Amenities fee (SSAF) to cover non-academic student services such as sporting and recreation activites, employment and career advice, child care, financial advice and food services. After submitting your HECS-HELP eCAF, you can also submit a SA-HELP eCAF to obtain a SA-HELP loan. There are no discounts for up front payment of the SSAF.

If you are not eligible for a HECS-HELP or SA-HELP loan you must pay your student contribution and student services and amenities fee up-front and will not receive a discount. You do not need to supply a TFN.

If you pay up-front, from late January, you can view your invoice on mySI-net the day after you add your courses. You need to pay your student contribution amount and the SSAF by the 'due date for payment of fees and charges' specified in the important dates.

Don’t have a Tax File Number (TFN)?

To apply for a TFN, go to the Australian Taxation Office website.

What is the Census Date?

Census date is the deadline for finalising your enrolment. If you withdraw from a course after the census date you will still be required to pay for that course.

You must add at least one course to your enrolment by the due date. Administrative charges apply for late enrolment.

You can add, remove or substitute courses up until the end of the second week of semester.

How do I add courses?

Follow the Task Wizard steps and: 

  1. Select the 'Course Summary' link
  2. Identify the semester in which you are enrolling
  3. Select 'Add Course'
  4. Enter the course code (e.g. MATH1040) or use the Course Search to find it 
  5. Check that the semester, campus, course level and delivery mode (internal/external) are correct for the course you are adding 
  6. Select 'Add Course'
  7. Repeat these steps for all the courses you want to add.

Screenshot from mySI-net add courses tab

Screenshot from mySI-net add courses tab

Read through the Student Messages concerning University legislation and your obligations as a student at UQ.

 Click 'I Agree' if you agree to these.

Check that the details on your enrolment status form are correct.

The Enrolment Status Report details your student number, program, courses and study load and can be submitted to Centrelink and other agencies as proof of your enrolment at UQ.

How do I access my Enrolment Status Report?

To access your Enrolment Status Report:

  1. Select the Program tab from your Student Home page in mySI-net
  2. Click on the View Enrolment Status Report link
  3. When open, click on the Print View to produce an official report.

 Screenshot from mySI-net enrolment status tab

Want to change your enrolment?

You must make sure the information in your enrolment details are always correct!

You can change your enrolment details at any time through mySI-net.

To access mySI-net you can:

  • Go directly to the mySI-net web site at https://www.sinet.uq.edu.au/; Or
  • Go to the University home page at www.uq.edu.au, click on the my.UQ link (in the top right corner). Once you have signed into my.UQ, click on the mySI-net link (in the top left corner).

mySI-net is the University’s online enrolment system where you manage your enrolment and conduct essential administrative functions.

What can I do in mySI-net?

You can use mySI-net to:

  • Enrol in UQ courses
  • Update your personal details
  • View your course profiles and timetables
  • Sign-on to classes (lectures, tutorials, labs)
  • Pay your fees
  • Apply for financial assistance if you are a domestic student
  • Request a change of program
  • View your examination timetable
  • View your results

How can I access mySI-net?

Via my.UQ

student login screenmy.UQ is the University’s student portal to the many online services, such as your student email, eLearning, the Library, and mySI-net, without requiring you to sign-in on each service separately.

  1. Go to any webpage within the UQ domain (uq.edu.au) where you will find a link to my.UQ in the top right corner. Alternatively, you can sign in to my.UQ at https://student.my.uq.edu.au
  2. Enter your UQ Sign-In username and password amd click the Sign In button. 
  3. Once signed in, click on the link to mySI-net located in the top-left corner, under Go Direct To.

Via the mySI-net website

  1. Go directly to the mySI-net web site at https://www.sinet.uq.edu.au/.
  2. Enter your UQ Sign-In username and password and click the Sign In button.

mySI-net login screen

When you access mySI-net you will be presented with a series of introductory screens designed to welcome you to mySI-net, guide you through the enrolment tasks and inform you of important messages from the University.

Next step: Sign-on to classes ›

Did you find this page helpful? Yes No

Go to top