- Presenter & Coordinator Information
Presenter & Coordinator Information
Without the generous involvement of the UQ staff who coordinate and present our courses, the Staff Development Program would not be possible. The University Staff Development Committee acknowledges our volunteer presenters and coordinators for the time and expertise they contribute to the development of their colleagues and to the performance of the University.
This information aims to assist you in your role as a presenter or coordinator.
The Course Coordinator Checklist is a quick reference for course coordinators. Please refer to the Course Coordinator Handbook (below) for full details of the roles and responsibilities of HR, Course Coordinators and Presenters.
The Course Coordinator Handbook outlines the roles and responsibilities of HR, Course Coordinators and Presenters. It provides instructions on how to submit new course requests, produce enrolment lists, participant check lists etc.
The Course Specifications Form is to be completed for all new courses by 31 August each year. Course coordinators will be sent objectives & requirements reports for all existing courses which ran in that year. The course coordinator is asked to enter changes, number of iteratoins etc onto the objectives and requirements reports and submit the forms to Staff Development for the following years program. All completed forms are used by the Staff Development Officer to compile the proposed program of courses for the next year to the University Staff Development Committee (USDC). Once approved by the USDC most of the details specified on the form are unable to be amended until the next annual proposal is submitted. Completed forms can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access the current and previous Staff Development Programs and the University Staff Development Committee (USDC) Annual reports.
- June -Training for course review. The Matching course content to what participants need to know form has been designed to assist in this process.
- July - Courses reviewed and changes planned with presenters.
- August - A completed Course Specifications Form is to be submitted for all new courses by 31 August each year. Completed forms can be submitted to StaffDev@uq.edu.au. Existing courses for re-submission please fill in details and note changes on your attached Objectives and Requirements Report/s. Please note how many course instances, budget requirements ie handouts etc & if you have booked a venue or if you require staff development to try and book International House.
- September - Course proposals are compiled by Staff Development for budgeting and submission to the University Staff Development Committee (USDC).
- October - USDC meets to approve Budget and Program. No further changes should be made to the program after this time.
- November - Staff Development Workgroup meets to finalise program and website. Program overview is sent to be printed and information is entered onto Aurion.
- December/January - Program sent to all University staff and information is loaded onto Aurion and displays on the Staff Development web site after January 1.
Current Staff Development Policy can be located here.
The process for acceptance of a new course into the USDC program is outlined here.