The Strategic Information Management Committee (SIMC) is the University's peak ICT advice and governance body and has responsibility for providing a framework to ensure that the University’s information assets, technology and ICT infrastructure:
- are aligned with the University’s Strategic Plan and academic and operational needs;
- resources are used responsibly;
- risks are managed appropriately;
- are considered in institutional budgetary processes;
- policies are developed, coordinated and reviewed;
- standards and University-wide SLAs are defined and subject to ongoing review;
- policies, standards, SLAs, processes and decisions are communicated;
- provision is balanced between central and local; and
- performance is measured and assessed.
The Committee reports to the Vice-Chancellor and is Chaired by the Chief Operating Officer.