Continuing Professional Development
Therapist's Body Workshop Tues 16 July, 18:00-21:00
Applications being accepted now
The School of Biomedical Sciences offers a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program for medical and allied health practitioners. These professionals must have access to services that will build upon their knowledge and skills and provide the potential for further development – thus making certain the needs of those clients who utilise their services are met now and in the future.
The University of Queensland’s School of Biomedical Sciences and its predecessors have been at the forefront of educating students and practitioners since 1936 and, for the past decade, our CPD Program has delivered an exceptional and innovative suite of offerings in the medical and allied health disciplines. Experienced instructors conduct our courses within the Gross Anatomy Facility, a contemporary clinical setting that includes the largest dissection laboratory in Queensland.
Courses can be designed to meet the specific needs of individuals or groups.
- Upskilling and improving levels of competence in relation to clinical techniques.
- Professional recognition.
- Peer networking.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Anatomical skills workshops.
- Surgical skills workshop.
- Registrars' practical skills courses.
- Specialised anatomy refresher courses.
- Skilled technical staff.
- Program delivery in air-conditioned dedicated laboratory spaces (for up to 300 participants), a functional anatomy facility, lecture theatres, tutorial rooms, and general purpose rooms with IT access.
- Access to the School's Anatomy Museum.
- Access available seven days per week.
- Wet and plastinated specimens and plastic models for non-invasive examination.
- Cadaveric material for invasive dissection.
- Dissecting tables and basic dissecting tools.
- Authorisation for radiation equipment.
- Audiovisual equipment.
- Hospitality services.
Feedback from participants in our launch of The Therapist’s Body workshop were incredibly positive, as menitoned below:
"As a massage therapist I found The Therapist's Body course excellent. This was my first experience of learning with human cadavers and I found both the presenter and organiser supportive and respectful. It was such a great learning experience to see and feel with human specimens - things like fascia, nerves, ligaments, etc. I've recommend this course to massage therapist and yoga teacher friends." Lilamani, TempleFlame Bodywork
Please contact our CPD Program Manager to learn more about our School's Continuing Professional Development Program:
Phone +61 7 3365 2515
Fax +61 7 3365 1766
Future courses for doctors' surgical training preparation.
|Continuing Professional Development section|