The Right to Information and Privacy Office is responsible for administering the University’s obligations under the Right to Information Act 2009 and Information Privacy Act 2009.
The functions of the Right to Information and Privacy Office include:
- Processing applications for access to documents under the Right to Information Act 2009, the Information Privacy Act 2009 and other legislation including the Motor Accident Insurance Act and the Uniform Civil Procedure Rules.
- Processing applications for amendment of personal information under the Information Privacy Act 2009;
- providing expert advice and training to University staff on Right to Information and Privacy related matters;
- providing submissions, legal opinion and advocacy to the Officer of the Information Commissioner;
- assisting other agencies including participation in the Whole-of-Government Right to Information and Privacy Networks.
The University embraces the philosophy of open government underlying the RTI Act and the IP Act, and also embraces the requirement to act in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles set out in the IP Act.