The University of Queensland releases information administratively and proactively where possible.
Information can be accessed via the documents published through:
- the Publication Scheme;
- information included in the Disclosure Log; or
- making a Right to Information (RTI) or Information Privacy (IP) access application.
Before making an RTI or IP access application, check whether the information can be released through some other way.
Making a Right to Information (RTI) or Information Privacy (IP) access application
All applications for access to information must be made in writing. You may apply by completing an application form or write directly to:
Right to Information and Privacy Office
JD Story Building
The University of Queensland
Brisbane Qld 4072
Your application must:
- provide sufficient information concerning the document/s to enable the Universtiy to identify the document or documents;
- state the address for the delivery of notices and documents to which you seek access;
- include suitable evidence of identification if you are seeking access to your own personal information;
- if the application is made under the RTI Act, the application fee of $46.40 must accompany the application.
Processing your application
- The RTI & Privacy Office will officially acknowledge receipt of your application within 10 business days.
- Your application will be processed within 25 business days, or 35 business days where consultation with a third party is necessary.
- Access to documents will ordinarily be provided in the form requested.
- You have a formal right to seek an internal review of an original decision if you are not satisfied with the decision.
Information can be accessed via the documents published through the;
- Publication Scheme,
- Information released included in the Disclosure Log section of this site, or
- Lodging of a request with the Right to Information and Privacy Office.